Whether you are buying or selling a home you should always incorporate the services of a home inspector that is certified by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI). That is why all Southwest Home Inspections Inspectors have worked hard to become members of InterNACHI and we promise to provide you with excellent service. As an InterNACHI member we:
- Pass InterNACHI’s Online Inspector Examination every year. This general, not association-specific exam is an industry standard required by InterNACHI and some state licensing boards,
- Adhere to the industry’s largest, most comprehensive Standards of Practice,
- Abide by InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics,
- Follow a strict continuing education policy that requires, among other things, that we receive 24 hours of continuing education each year,
- Have completed InterNACHI’s ethics “obstacle course” which ensures that we are aware of our ethical duties as a home inspector,
- Have passed InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice quiz,
- Have signed and submitted an affidavit legally agreeing that we have and will continue to adhere to all InterNACHI standards, ethics and education requirements,
- Maintain a continuing education log,
- Are required to successfully complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive Standards of Practice course and examination, Roofing course and examination, Structural course and examination and Electrical course and examination, Plumbing course and examination, Inspector Safety course and examination, Wood Destroying Organism course and examination, 25 Standards course and examination, Moisture Intrusion course and examination, Vermiculite Insulation course, Polybutylene Plumbing course, Water Heater TPR Valve course, Emergency Exit course, Log Home course and examination, Green Building course and examination, Mold Inspection course and examination, Radon course and examination, Commercial Inspection course and examination, and the Foundation Walls and Piers course and examination,
- Attend at least one chapter meeting or educational seminar every two years (reasonable exceptions apply),
- Complete at least one very advanced inspection course every 2 years, and
- Have access to a number of learning tools such as inspection tips and technique illustrations, a library of home inspection books and videos, the industry’s largest message board, InterNACHI’s “what’s new” publication of recent inspection news, and the InterNACHI University.
If you need a home inspection performed, don’t settle for anything less than a InterNACHI-certified home inspector. Contact us now to schedule your inspection.
This is a free website powered by InspectorPages.